03 March 2010

The Bright-side of life


Today, I got home and was seriously intent on heading straight to bed when the computer called my name, ever so faintly but with great force, and I was immediately lead to my e-mail and Facebook! I spent the next several minutes ensuring that nothing life changing had occurred since the last time I checked it... Three hours ago... And, as it turned out, a little something important had happened.
That's not a part of my story though. Somehow, I was led to Lisa Harris's blog. I read some of it and was intrigued. I have been planning on starting a blog of my own, but I've been through that before and didn't want to get back into it. But after reading, I decided that I would like to make a blog.
Thus, here I am. Making my first post.
Basically, my purpose in creating this blog is to keep a record of the main events of my life, to keep me positive, and help those I love who read this blog find the Bright-side of life (hence the title). Life is too hard to make harder by counting the bads and complaining. While there will likely be venting here and there, I will strive with all I can do to finish off with the Bright-side of life.

In my life right now. The most important thing for me to do is make sure I don't slip far from the level of spirituality that I attained while serving the Lord for two years. It's been difficult. But I'm pleased to say that thanks to prayer, study of the scriptures, church attendance, and temple attendance, I have been doing quite well. It's amazing that the basic seminary answers for all questions about "what to do to stay on the strait and narrow" really are "answers." That's the Bright-side of life!
Another thing that I'm going through right now is making certain that I can make enough money to go to school this Spring. It's been a long and difficult rode. I am happy to have such wonderful Family and Friends who are so kind and giving as to help me find work. I still haven't found work for an actual company. But I'm in a place right now that I believe the Lord wants me to be in. So I'm doing just fine! And that's the Bright-side of life!

No comments: