12 March 2010

Bright... despite...


Today, I came down to Utah for the Women's Chorus Concert. I was also going to go to the Salt Lake City Temple with a friend. I also was able to get an interview setup for a job as a Customer Service Rep at a place called Sewell Direct. AND I had a friend who I was going to visit in Salt Lake City. So I was really excited about this trip down to Utah. Well, everything was going great... Right up to the point where I was getting pretty close to my friend's place when the car started acting up a little bit. The gears would take forever to shift, and when they would, it would jerk the car into gear... I was a little worried about it. Then it hit really hard after pulling forward from a stop-light. Well, when that happened, the little fun light came on "Service Engine Soon."
Hoping that it was just the car overheating or something, I stopped the car and had some breakfast with my friend. Well, when I came back out, it seemed to be doing alright. I was a little more cautious in the way that I drove, and I was able to make it to my sister's with minimal problems. When I left my sister's to go to my job interview, it wouldn't kick into reverse... Luckily, I was able to roll down the driveway and get out... But if anyone knows much about cars (not me), you know that losing reverse in your car is a REALLY bad sign for the transmission. I FILLED MY CAR UP WITH GAS, then found the business. The interview went pretty well. I think that I'll get hired there. I have a few more things to do, and a second interview to go through, but it went well, so that was great.
Well, by this time, the car was still not better, and I thought it wise to have it looked at, so I called my sister and asked her where I could go, she gave me a good place and when I got there, they told me.... My transmission is BROKEN! The WORST part of the car to break (except maybe the driver... lol).
So now, I'm here in Provo, with a broken car... But there's a bright-side to life, the driver's not broken! Yay! So, my weekend is a little shot, but it's ok... I'll be alright. I just thought I'd write this all out. I feel a little lonely. But, I'm going to my sister's for dinner, so that will be awesome :-) And that's the Bright-Side of Life. :-D I hope that your day has been better than mine! And if not, call me, and I'll make it better :-D

No comments: