09 January 2011

Wark.... Werk.... Wurk... WORK!!!

I work in different ways. I got a new job this semester. After eight months working at the BYU Conference Center as an Audio/Video Technician, I've moved on to the Office of Information Technology. I work in the Open Access Computer Labs as a Computer Lab Assistant.
I'm hoping to stay there for quite some time. It's a great GREAT GREAT job (you could also say it's a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeat job, which ever suits your fancy). I'm hoping to move up the ranks pretty quickly. I want the leadership experience, the training, and the opportunity to make a real different (of course the extra pay and the resume boosting power of "Shift Supervisor" doesn't hurt much either ) I'm loving it though. Mostly because helping people with technology is what I do for fun. Just ask anyone who's ever gotten an iPod Touch or iPhone and allowed me to help them get it set up. Or anything with Google. (I'm just about as Google Nerdy as a person can get  " is awesome!")
Provo Utah Mormon Temple
I'm still working at the temple as a Temple Worker, and it's still so incredibly wonderful. It's so great and I need it to stay on the right track. Like the sacrament each week, it's a weekly reminder of what's really important. I would totally be lost without the temple. It fills my life with light and drives away the darkness. I work the Saturday morning shift from 6:20 until about 11:10ish. I've been thinking about going to the ASL session on the first Wednesday of each month at 7 pm. I think I'll go to just volunteer or be a patron or something. That would just be so cool. I've never been to a deaf session before, and I'd love it!
So that's me and working. Of course I have school work and other church work. It's all great. I am happy and content at this time in my life :) And that is the bright-side of life! 

1 comment:

Jessica Biscuit said...

I was gonna say I had never seen you at the temple but then your shift explained that. The only time I've ever gone to the temple that early was for a session I didn't have to wake up for because I had already been up all night =P